Monday, September 26, 2011

IDEA!!

Something I need feedback on and, if I get a group seal of approval, I have $11.00 to invest quick-like.

So, thinking about the place cards that get set out on a table at the reception location to inform people of their table numbers. In a fit of crazy, I thought it would be cool to--in keeping with the tasteful, vaguely medieval theme to this wedding--have little Viking ships on a blue tablecloth, the names for each person written on the sails. Admittedly, yes, kinda cool and kinda dorky. Also? Next to impossible to do without going quietly insane.

Then today I had a thought. What if I could find a rubber stamp of a Viking ship? Then each place card could be done on whatever paper and whatever color and significantly cheaper and easier, but still maintain a vaguely medieval (yet perhaps more tasteful) feel. And I found precisely one, on Etsy:


What say you?

4 comments:

  1. I vote "aye" or "two snaps up" or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also vote Yes! Stamp the hell out of it all! And Like Jenny noted on facebook we can also have viking boat tats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say "argh matey's" -even though not actual Viking lore-go for it baby! I know where we can buy Pirate tattoos for $1 if it comes to that :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Laura! I love those. Very cute idea! How did the mead turn out? or is it finished yet?

    ReplyDelete