Sunday, April 17, 2011

Thinking Aloud: Part One of Many


I want my girls to be happy. I want them to be comfortable in what they're wearing, feel like they look good in it, and be willing to get drunk and get down in it. I also want them to be able to afford the damn thing. And, while I love them dearly, I also want to be happy with the dress(es) myself... I want to look at them all and feel like we are one, big, satisfied, gorgeous bunch of bitches. My color scheme AT THE MOMENT (such things change, you know) is a bit unsettled. Here are the facts:

1. My most favored color at the moment is a proper peacock blue. This is the color my mother's bridesmaids wore and I think it is very, very pretty.
2. This is not an easy color to find, apparently. Or not as easy as you'd think, anyway.
3. I'd like for my girls to be able to wear the dresses again; to that end, I'd prefer to avoid satin and it's evil fabric relatives.
4. I want multiple dress options for my girls... so each can wear the dress they like best for themselves.
5. If the blue ain't gonna work, I want green. Perhaps even multiple greens. Not necessarily kelly green, but something pleasant and inoffensive. Hmm... Or multiple matching blues, actually, if of the peacock variety...

Thus, the above picture. I'm not saying I like the dresses (which are NOT fabulous); I'm saying I like the concept. I really like the idea of having the brightly colored, fun shoes. Being a fan of shoes and a fan of fun, I'd prefer not to have my girls stuck in miserably practical black strappy things. Ergo, I like the bright, fun shoes, especially as matched with bright, fun bouquets. And, as it's a July wedding, the dresses will not be floor length and the shoes will be sandalish. If the group doesn't like the bright colored shoe thing, we're going metallic, FYI. And by metallic, read: silver. Silver and strappy.

So jealous... y'all get to wear a color... I'm stuck in white. Though I'm totally going to have fun colored shoes... and strappy...

3 comments:

  1. I was toodlin around the web last night and I came to a conclusion- basically fuck it, whatever you want I will find a way to stuff my fat assed big boobed person in to. I will plunk down $$ for a steel boned corset. You're only going to do this once - so baby, lets strap the girls down & do this right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Hey... considering the number of frat boys that will be attending this event, in addition to your own husband, I have no doubt you will have many, many helpful hands willing to aid you in keeping those girls up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peacock blue is gorgeous. As is tropical gecko green. And I already have silverish-goldish sandals that might pass inspection if we wind up going that route so I'm down with metallics. Also, No. 5 (multiple shades of peacock blue or other) gets my thumbs up (sophisticated!) (And our DRESSES might as well be.). And now I'm having an urge to go dress-shopping which is not my usual demeanor. Good job.

    ReplyDelete