Sunday, April 17, 2011

Welcome, Gown Posse... Let's Do This Thang.



Once upon a time, I got engaged. As in, ENGAGED. There's a ring and it's ON MY FINGER. So weird. SO wonderful! But so fucking weird. I have jokingly talked about "when I get married" for about half my life and, at the ripe old age of 33, I was fairly certain it wasn't going to happen for me... too independent... way too fucking single... you know how it is. But shortly after turning 33, I was reunited with a very dear old friend and, BAM! Love. Followed by, BAM! Engagement. So, here I am, 34, planning a wedding, working in a job that is miles away from all of the people who are most dear to me... those who will play the most important roles in this wedding. What's a girl to do? Start another goddamn blog, obviously.

I have selected my bridesmaids... my "Insane Gown Posse," as I have deemed them (and as I have titled this blog). All five of them are incredibly important to me in various and sundry ways. Two of them know who they are; three do not as yet. The two who do live far, far away in exotic places like Tucson, Arizona and Chicago, Illinois... I couldn't exactly ask them in person, so Facebook and email had to do (sorry JennyJune and Erika). The three who don't know yet... well, they live in places not quite so far away. My hope is to be able to ask them in person at some point in the next couple months. One's in Cincinnati, one's in Columbus, and one's in Pittsburgh. So here, y'all, is proof that I've wanted you since Day One.

These five women represent different times and stages of my life. Two have known me since grade school, two were my sorority sisters, and one came into my life as I worked on my Masters degree. They are the very best friends I have, the most supportive and encouraging people I know, and some of the funniest mofos you will ever meet. Thus, Insane Gown Posse.

I've created this blog as a forum for the vetting of my wedding plans and ideas... I'm also going to use it to vent and to consider all the ridiculousness of planning a wedding. Right now, it's looking like the wedding will take place in July of 2012, over a year from now. No date has been set in stone yet, though. That's what the month of May is for... figuring shit out. In the meantime, I give you a new blog from a wedding-planning Wingal. If y'all run across information, pictures, ideas, etc. that you would like to share with me, Facebook message or email them to me (if you know me, you know how to get in touch with me) and I will post them up on here so that one and all can share in the conversation.

I make no promises... I may reject your ideas and I may keep my own that y'all have rejected; my wedding, my prerogative. But the exchange of ideas and the moral support... THOSE are the things I'm most wanting out of this blog. So, share, bitches!

And let the music play, Posse...

No comments:

Post a Comment